Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bra Reviews! Affinitas Parfait Charlotte

So, my first batch of bras from Her Room contained five bras by four companies, mostly so I could see how they fit.  One of the five fit, so I feel like I did pretty good.  Most of the manufacturers of larger sizes on the web use British sizing, which is loads of fun, as you have the same letters as we do here, but they mean completely different things--a UK G cup is two sizes bigger than a US G.  Now, I had been trying on 34Gs in the few local shops I've been able to find them in, but while the bands are close, they still haven't been supporting the girls--the straps have been doing all the work, which is not how a bra is supposed to fit.  So, I decided to play around with my sizing a bit.

The first bra that went into my order was the Charlotte, from Affinitas' Parfait collection.

You can buy your own here.

Yeah, I'm totally in love with that.  Seriously, how often do you see a bra that sexy in something bigger than a 36D?  I literally prayed the entire week I was waiting on it to ship that if anything in the box fit, it would be this one.

I got really lucky.

Now, the site (and every review I saw) said it tends to run small and recommended ordering a bigger size.  Since I'd been looking at ordering a 32FF, I sized up to a 34FF (remember, cup gets bigger with the band).  It fits snug in the band (maybe tight, but I like my bands on the tight side for support reasons), the cups were the right size, and, of course, it's super sexy.  I also really like the wide set shoulder straps--a pet peeve of mine is how so many bras have the straps set right by your neck--maybe I don't want to wear turtle necks and t-shirts all the time.  Now, I will admit, it does leave a little mark around the middle after I've worn it a while, but the band actually supports my girls.  I'm thinking it just needs to break in a little.  And, frankly, I feel so sexy in it, I don't care.  This is the first plunge style bra that has ever fit and supported my breasts.  I'm exchanging two of the bras that didn't fit for two more of these (a second red one, and a peach/black one).

PROS:
  • super sexy
  • comes in red
  • wide set straps
  • good side coverage
  • affordable ($38)
  • sufficient nipple coverage

CONS:
  •  runs small, so finding the right size might be tricky
  • only comes in two colors--maybe not so good under a white shirt

CONCLUSION:  I'm in love with this bra, so my judgement my be a bit skewed.  Some girls might not like the cup style--as a plunge, it doesn't cover as much breast as other styles, so if you don't like displaying your girls it may not be for you.  If you want to flaunt what you have and feel extra sexy, you want this bra.  Matching panties are available.  I'm so ordering those.

No comments:

Post a Comment